Seekho Kamao Yojana

All About the Seekho Kamao Yojana of Madhya Pradesh Govt

The Madhya Pradesh government has introduced the ‘Mukhyamantri Seekho Kamao Yojana’ to tackle unemployment by encouraging youth to find jobs in the private sector. This scheme aims to prepare young people for employment through training in various sectors and offers a stipend of up to ₹10,000 during the training period.

What Is the Sikho Kamao Yojana?

Under this scheme, youth receive training for one year (with some courses lasting 6 or 9 months) in selected industrial and commercial establishments. During the training, the government provides 75% of the stipend via Direct Benefit Transfer, and the remaining 25% is paid by the company. Companies can choose to pay more than 25% if they wish. Participants in the scheme are referred to as ‘student-trainees’.

Objective of the Scheme

Many young people, despite having formal education, lack the skills needed for jobs in industrial and commercial sectors. This scheme aims to equip such youth with the necessary skills and prepare them for employment.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Age: 18 to 29 years
  • Residency: Must be a resident of Madhya Pradesh
  • Education: Must have completed 12th grade or ITI, or higher

Stipend Details

  • ₹8,000 per month for 12th pass trainees
  • ₹8,500 per month for ITI pass trainees
  • ₹9,000 per month for diploma holders
  • ₹10,000 per month for graduates or those with higher degrees

Each year, 1 lakh youth will benefit from the scheme, with the potential to increase this number based on demand.

Training Sectors

Training will be provided in a wide range of sectors, including but not limited to:

  • Aerospace and Aviation
  • Agriculture
  • Automobile
  • Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
  • Beauty and Wellness
  • Chemical Construction
  • Electronics
  • Food Processing
  • Handicraft
  • Healthcare
  • IT
  • Management
  • Mining
  • Textile
  • Telecom
  • Tourism
  • Physical Education

How to Apply

To benefit from the scheme, follow these steps:

  1. Register on the MMYS portal.
  2. Enter your Samagra ID and the mobile number registered with it.
  3. Verify the OTP sent to your mobile.
  4. Your details will be displayed automatically.
  5. After submitting your application, you will receive a username and password via SMS.
  6. Log in to the portal where you need to upload your educational qualification documents.
  7. Choose your preferred course from the options available based on your qualifications.
  8. Select your preferred training location.

This straightforward process helps eligible youth to gain the skills needed for employment and reduces unemployment in Madhya Pradesh.

Benefits of the Sikho Kamao Scheme

  • Training with New Technology: Learn the latest technologies and processes.
  • Stipend During Training: Receive financial support while you train.
  • Certification: Get a certificate from the State Council for Vocational Training (SCVT) through the Madhya Pradesh State Skill Development and Employment Generation Board (MPSSDEGB).
  • Employment Opportunities: After completing your training, you can apply for a job at the place where you trained. Companies may also offer regular employment if they choose.

Selection Process

  1. Registration: The Madhya Pradesh State Skill Development and Employment Generation Board (MPSSDEGB) will register selected youth as student candidates under SCVT-prescribed courses.
  2. Course List: A list of available courses will be on the scheme portal and at
  3. Updates: MPSSDEGB may update courses and requirements as needed.
  4. Eligibility and Duration: Each course will have specific educational qualifications and durations required.

Also Read:

Leave a Comment